Research Fellow at the Department of Jewish History and Culture, Doctor of Letters
Born in 1970.
He graduated from Kharkiv National University, M.A. (Hist.). In 1996 defended dissertation for the Candidate academic degree on the problems of History of White Movement in Ukraine (Ph.D., Hist.) In 2009 defended dissertation for the Doctor academic degree on the problems of History of Jews of Ukraine, 1921-1929 (D.Litt.). Dr Kozerod is an expert in the Jewish history of Ukraine, contemporary policy and national security of European Union, political history of the 20th century, modern terrorism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism and interethnic relations. He is a member of numerous public and professional international organizations, including the European Association for Jewish Studies, Royal Historical Society and Oxford University Alumni Society.
Author of several books on Ukrainian and European history in the 20th century:
- “Crucial Years. Jewish Community in Ukraine in 1919-1929” (Kharkiv, 1998 – 161 pages),
- “A.I. Denikin’s Regime and Jewish Population of Ukraine: 1919-1920” (Kharkiv, 1997),
- “Jews in Ukraine During the New Economic Policy” (Kyiv, 2003) and others.
- “150 Jewish Organizations of UK” (Kyiv, 2006.- 181 pp.),
- “Jewish social and political thought of the twentieth and early twenty-first century in Ukraine” (Kyiv, 2011.-363 pp., coauthored),
- “Gender aspects of the history of Ukrainian Jews” (period 1920-1930 years) (Kyiv, 2013.-114 pp.),
- Historiography of Jewish History and Philosophy” (Kyiv, 2014.-190 pp.),
- “Jewish national community in the context of the integration of Ukrainian society (Kyiv, 2014.- 376 p., coauthored).