Scientific (Scientist) Board of the Institute is a collective consultative body managing scientific and scientific-organizational activities of the Institute. Scientific Board takes decisions and works out recommendations within the limits of its competence as stipulated by the Statute of the Institute. The Chairman of Scientific Board is the Director of Institute, Deputy Chairman is the Deputy Director of Institute for Scientific Research, Secretary is the Scientific Secretary of Institute.
The number and the personal composition of the Scientific Board is stipulated by decision of the meeting (conference) of research scientists of the Institute and approved by the Order of Presidium of NAS of Ukraine.
Scientific Board of the Institute:
- Discusses the following issues:
- related to improvement of the Institute structure;
- co-ordination and scientific co-operation with other organizations and institutions;
- international scientific co-operation of the Institute;
- scientific publishing activity, promotion of prominent scientific works, scientific discoveries and inventions for awards and medals including international ones;
- proposition and discussion of candidates for the position of the Director of Institute;
- selection of Research Scientists on a contest basis;
- petitions for award of scientific and honorary degrees to the Institute employees;
- nomination of candidates for Full Members (Academicians) and Correspondent Members of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- programs, drafts of scientific research and research construction works;
- annual report on scientific researches of the Institute.
- certification results of research scientists;
- themes of dissertations of doctors, candidates and students of post-graduate courses, their scientific advisers.
- candidates for Deputy Director for Scientific Research, Scientific Secretary of the Institute, Chief Editors and Members of Editorial Committees of scientific publications in the Institute;
- other matters set out by the Institute Statute.
Analyzes the realization progress of scientific researches, their material and financial support, scientific staff qualification.
Members of Scientific Board of the Institute:
- Rafalskiy Oleg Oleksiyovych – (Chairman), Correspondent Member of NAS of Ukraine, Director of Institute
- Oleksandr Mykytovych Mayboroda – (Deputy Chairman on Scientific Work), Correspondent Member of NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Deputy Director
- Vitaliy Oleksandrovych Pereverziy – (Scientific Secretary), Candidate of Historical Sciences, Secretary of Studies
- Tetyana Anatoliyivna Bevz – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Chief Research Scientist
- Valentyn Viktorovych Bushanskyi – Doctor of Political Sciences, Chief Research Scientist, Assistant Professor
- Victor Ananoliyovych Voynalovych – Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor, Head of Department
- Galyna Ivanivna Zelenko – Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor, Chief Research Scientist
- Oleg Yaroslavovych Kalakura – Doctor of Political Sciences, Leading Research Scientist, профессор
- Maria Stepanivna Karmazina – Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor, Head of Department
- Victor Oleksiyovych Kotygorenko – Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor
- Larysa Oleksandrivna Kochubey – Doctor of Politica Sciences, Professor, Leading Research Scientist
- Volodymyr Mykhaylovych Kulyk – Doctor of Political Sciences, Senior Research Scientist
- Mykola Ivanovych Mykhalchenko – Correspondent Member of NAS of Ukraine, Head of Department
- May Ivanovych Panchuk – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department
- Felix Mykhaylovych Rudych – Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department
- Valeriy Fedorovych Soldatenko – Correspondent Member of NAS of Ukraine, Chief Research Scientist
- Yurii Zhanovych Shaihorodskyi – Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor, Chief Research Scientist
- Yuriy Ivanovych Shapoval – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Chief Research Scientist